Devil’s Food Cake with Cortés Chocolate
Prep time: 45 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
½ cup Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa
1 ½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups milk
½ cup vegetable shortening
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 9-inch round pans and dust them with flour.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the milk, vegetable shortening, and vanilla and beat on high speed until well blended.
- Lower the speed, add the eggs one at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- After they cool down, remove the cakes from their pans, and decorate them with your favorite icing.