Cortés Chocolate and Cinnamon Crepe Pockets
Prep time: 30 minutes
Yield: 5 crepes
1 ½ cups fresh milk
Cortés Bar with Cinnamon
2 tbsp butter, divided
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 banana, thinly sliced
Whipped cream or peanut butter
Orange peel, sliced in strips
Powdered sugar (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, the Cortés Bar with Cinnamon, and one tablespoon of butter until the chocolate melts.
- Blend the milk and chocolate mixture, eggs, sugar, flour, ½ teaspoon of cinnamon, and vanilla in a blender for 1 to 2 minutes on high speed until smooth.
- To make the crepes, melt ¼ tablespoon of butter over low heat in an 8-inch or 9-inch nonstick skillet.
- Pour some of the mixture, forming a very thin layer until it covers the entire pan. You can use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture.
- Cook for 1 minute and turn it over. Cook for an additional minute, then remove the crepe from the skillet.
- To fill and form the pockets, place a little whipped cream or peanut butter at the center of the crepe. Place the banana slices over the cream and dust with cinnamon. To close the pocket, place your hands under the circle, fold the crepe’s sides towards the center, like a purse, and join them. Tie the sides of the crepe pocket with an orange peel strip and a decorative toothpick or with cooking thread. Repeat this step to shape the remaining crepe pockets.
- Once your crepe pockets are done, use a sifter to dust them with powdered sugar (optional).