Pumpkin Cheesecake with Cortés Chocolate Chips
If you like cheesecake, you will love this pumpkin recipe.
Prep time: 1 hour 30 minutes
4 ½ bars cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground clove
1 tsp ground ginger
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 can of pumpkin
1 cup Cortés Chocolate Chips (cinnamon or white chocolate)
To make the crust, mix 1-½ cups of crushed gingerbread or chocolate cookies with
3 tablespoons of melted butter. Cover the pan with a thin layer of this mixture and bake at 350 ºF for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Prepare the crust in a 10-inch pie pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and egg yolks.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, clove, and ginger.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and pumpkin, and mix at medium speed until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Use a wooden spoon to add ½ cup of the Cortés Chocolate Chips.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 425 ºF for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 275 ºF and bake for one hour.
- Turn off the oven but leave the cheesecake inside until it cools completely. This will prevent cracks from forming.
Heat up ¼ cup of heavy cream and pour it over ½ cup of the Cortés Chocolate Chips. Wait 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix until the glaze is formed. Pour it over the cheesecake.