Cortés Chocolate Churros
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Frying oil
Utensils you will need:
- Piping bag with large star tip
- In a small saucepan, heat the water, mixed with the brown sugar and salt, until it boils.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Combine the mixture of water and brown sugar with the flour mixture.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag set up with a large star tip.
- Heat up the frying oil.
- Prepare a plate with the sugar and the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Push the filling in the piping bag forward, letting each churro fall into the hot oil. Fry 4 churros at a time for about 3 minutes.
- Finish off this treat by coating each churro with the sugar and cinnamon on the plate.