Cortés Donut Holes
2 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup Cortés Ground Chocolate*
¼ cup sugar
4 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup warm milk
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
Corn or vegetable oil*
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp Cortés Instant Chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp milk
- Mix the flour, Cortés Instant Chocolate, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Separately, mix the butter, milk, vanilla, and egg.
- Slowly pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture until a thick dough is formed.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan to 350 °F.
- Form 1-tablespoon balls of dough and fry them for 2 minutes. Turn them over and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Place them on a surface covered with paper towel, to let the oil drain. Prepare the glaze and use it to cover the donuts.
* For a lighter version, substitute the Cortés Ground Chocolate with Cortés Lite Ground Chocolate, and bake the donuts at 350 °F for 10 to 12 minutes.