Double-Chocolate and Coconut Cookies
These cookies are super chocolaty. The shredded coconut gives them a special touch, but you may omit it if you prefer.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yield: Two dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 cup Cortés Chocolate Chips
1 ¾ cups shredded coconut
1 cup Cortés White Chocolate Chips
¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Beat the butter and the sugars until you get a creamy mixture. Add the eggs one by one. Add the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl.
- Gradually add the cocoa mixture to the butter mixture with a mixer on low speed, until it is all well combined.
- Add the Cortés Chocolate Chips and shredded coconut (optional) with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Prepare baking trays with parchment paper. Use a large spoon to measure out the dough for each cookie. Place spoonfuls of dough, leaving 2 inches of space between them, and gently press down on them with the back of your spoon.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Once the cookies cool down, you can glaze them.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave at 15-second intervals.
- Add the heavy cream and blend well until the mixture is smooth.