Chip Biscotti with Cortés Chocolate Chips
Biscotti is a type of crunchy Italian cookie —the perfect companion for a cup of Cortés Chocolate. We share the recipe with you below.
Prep time: 45 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
4 tbsp unsalted butter, cold
3 large eggs
6 oz Cortés Chocolate Chips (we recommend the cinnamon variety)
1 cup roasted and crushed walnuts
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp ground cinnamon
parchment paper for baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. In a large bowl, mix the baking powder, flour, salt, and cinnamon.
- Using two knives or a dough mixer, add the butter, cutting it into the flour until the mixture has small lumps.
- Beat the eggs. Set one teaspoon of the egg mixture aside. Add the rest of the eggs to the flour mixture. Add the chips, nuts, and vanilla. Knead the mixture with your hands until dough forms.
- Dust your working surface with flour and split the dough into 4 pieces. Work each piece into a roll. Cover a baking tray with parchment paper, and place the rolls, leaving some space between them. Using a pastry brush, apply the egg mixture you set aside.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- After they’ve cooled down (to a warm temperature), cut into them diagonally and bake them for an additional 15 minutes.