Chocolate “Mantecaditos” (Puerto Rican Shortbread Cookies)
Prep time: 30 minutes
½ cup butter
½ cup vegetable shortening
¾ cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa
Seedless strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Line two cookie trays with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and the Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa.
- In a mixer bowl, mix well the butter, shortening, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla until creamy.
- Gradually add the flour and cocoa mixture.
- Form 1-tbsp balls of dough and distribute them on the trays.
- Use a spoon to lightly press the center of each ball.
- Spoon some seedless strawberry jam on the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.