Caramel Apples with Cortés Chocolate Drizzle
The best apple varieties to make caramel apples are Granny Smith (green) and Golden Delicious apples. You can also experiment with other varieties. If you do, let us know how it goes!
Prep time: 20 minutes
2 tbsp “dulce de leche” (caramelized milk) (optional)
1 pack of caramel sweets
2 oz Traditional Cortés Chocolate
Cortés Chocolate Chips, for garnish
4 tbsp water, divided in half
parchment or wax paper
- Clean the apples well and insert a popsicle stick at the center (where the stem is).
- Cover a tray with parchment or wax paper.
- Place the caramel sweets and 2 tablespoons of water in a microwave-safe container. Microwave on high for 1 minute and then, at 30-second intervals until the caramel sweets are completely melted. Be mindful to avoid overheating the resulting caramel. Add the “dulce de leche” (optional).
- Dip each apple into the caramel mixture until they are completely covered.
- Garnish with Cortés Chocolate Chips, nuts, or candy before the caramel cools down.
- Let the apples cool on the parchment or wax paper-lined tray.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the Cortés Chocolate with 1 tablespoon of water over low heat until it melts.
- Use a teaspoon or a piping bag to decorate the apples with the Cortés Chocolate mixture.
- Garnished apples will keep up to 4 days in the refrigerator.