Cortés Chocolate Mousse
2 ½ cups heavy whipping cream, divided (1 cup and 1-½ cups)
6 oz Cortés Chocolate bar
- Whisk the eggs with a mixer until they look light yellow and have a light consistency.
- Cut the chocolate in small pieces and melt it in a bain-marie.
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream until it is hot but not boiling.
- Using the mixer at low speed, pour a bit of the heavy whipping cream into the egg mixture to temper it. Add the egg and heavy whipping cream mixture to the saucepan on low heat and stir it for 5 minutes until it thickens. Don’t let it come to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the chocolate. Mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until the mixture has cooled down. Place an empty bowl in the fridge for later use as well.
- Pour the remaining 1-½ cups of heavy cream into the bowl you refrigerated and beat at high speed until firm peaks form.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the fridge and fold it into the whipped cream.
- Once the mousse is done, you can serve it in individual portions.