Banana Bread with Cortés Chips
Make this yummy fluffy banana bread with Cortés Chocolate Chips, to be enjoyed as a snack or for dessert. Kids and adults will love it the same.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes
3 bananas, ripe and mashed
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup buttermilk*
6 oz Cortés Chocolate Chips (your favorite flavor)
*If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make it by mixing ½ cup of milk with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar.
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F and make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Grease a loaf baking pan.
- Mash the bananas until they are creamy, then add the lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and the white and brown sugars until a creamy mixture is formed.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Fold in the bananas.
- Add the vanilla and buttermilk and mix well.
- Add the mixture of dry ingredients at low speed until they are just combined.
- Fold in the Cortés Chocolate Chips.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.