Cortés Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep time: 1 hour + 2 hours of wait time
¾ cup Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 pints ice cream
1 round or square cookie cutter
- In a bowl, mix the Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa, salt, baking powder, and flour.
- In the mixer bowl, mix the sugars and butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until soft and creamy.
- Lower the mixer’s speed and gradually add the flour mixture.
- Divide the dough into two portions and form discs with them. Cover them in plastic wrap and place them in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Line a cake pan with plastic wrap. Pour the ice cream in the pan and let it soften a bit at room temperature. After it has softened, spread it over the pan, forming an even layer. Put it in the freezer.
- Dust flour on a clean kitchen surface and stretch the dough with a rolling pin until it reaches a thickness of ⅛ of an inch.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out the cookie components for the sandwiches and, using a spatula, place them on the cookie trays.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes.
- After the cookies cool down, use the cookie cutter to cut the frozen ice cream and make the sandwiches.