Chocolate and Bourbon Pecan Pie
A perfect recipe for Thanksgiving!
Prep time: 50 minutes
1 ½ cup nuts (pecans)
6 tbsp unsalted butter
2 oz Cortés Baking Bar
¾ cup dark corn syrup
½ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp Cortés Unsweetened Cocoa
2 tbsp bourbon
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
1 ready-made pie crust
- Bake the crust according to the instructions. It is usually 10 minutes. Allow it to cool down.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Scatter the nuts on a baking tray. Bake the nuts for 6 minutes to roast them lightly.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces. Melt the butter and chocolate in a pot over low heat. Let it cool down.
- Once it has cooled down, pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the syrup, eggs, sugar, vanilla, Cortés Unsweetened Cocoa, bourbon, and salt.
- Pour the mixture over the crust. Arrange the nuts evenly over the mixture.
- Cover the edges with aluminum paper to keep them from burning.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until it is well set but be careful not to bake it for too long.