Cortés Chocolate Toffee
Prep time: 30 minutes
3/4 cup Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup powdered milk
½ cup light corn syrup
3 cups powdered sugar, divided into 2 cups and 1 cup
- Grease a large bowl with butter.
- Sift the powdered sugar.
- Mix the Cortés Sugar-Free Cocoa, butter, vanilla, and powdered milk.
- Gradually add the light corn syrup and mix with a greased rubber spatula to form a thick mixture. If you have a mixer with a hook attachment, you can grease the mixer bowl and prepare the mix in it.
- Add no more than 2 cups of powdered sugar, a little at a time, until a dough forms.
- Dust powdered sugar on a clean surface.
- Place the dough on the surface and knead it a little. If it’s too soft, add a little more powdered sugar.
- With a rolling pin, stretch the dough to a thickness of ½ inch.
- Place the dough on a wax paper-lined tray and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Shape the sweets with cookie cutters or by hand.
- Wrap each prepared sweet in wax paper.